So it has been almost two weeks since my back surgery and finally I went back to work. I didn't go easily back to work, I actually dove head first back to research - and it felt really good.
I must admit I didn't suffer too much staying at home the last 10 days. Spending quality time with The MRS. and CJ was fun. It is unbelievable how fast they grow! Now I have to decide whether I should say "yes, he is 6 months old" or "hey! Only 17 and a half more years".
We got to the point were we need to child-proof our apartment. Move the TV to a high shelf. Lock the cabinets, remove books from low shelves, and more. The little 'energy-machine' (I won't use the term I really call him, otherwise I might find myself with an ex-wife instead of a wife) can scream like the is no tomorrow. He can crawl, especially backwards. He can hit, mostly direct hits to the face while you try to sleep, or to the glasses at all other times. And the most important thing he learned is to be opinionated. And I mean really opinionated - he knows what he wants and when he wants it, and if you don't understand then 'tough'. You will hear a high pitched, loud squeal until he will get everything his way.
Returning to me, but only for a short while, I am finally off most narcotic pain killers. I do not feel like a drug addict, but I have a new look now. "Heroine shick"! I lost nearly 8kg since I started using the opiate narcotics (yes, the pain killers are from the same chemical family as opium and heroine) and I am now the lightest I have been in over ten years (let's see how long this would last). But as I stopped using the pain medication, and as the pain is slowly subsiding, my appetite is recovering. However, I will try to keep the status quo, pat least in this area.
That's it. Time to go to bed. Tomorrow is another work day. A full day of experiments and measurements in the dark lab.
How long will it be till I am fed up with that?
See you on my next post
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPAD
don't forget that you can sell your opiates on the black market... don't want all those narcotics to go to waste.
ReplyDelete